Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Invisible Umbilical Cord




Invisible Umbilical Cord

At birth snipped
Taken away
Never to be seen again
A
Physical connection to
Life

Unseen though another
Remains
That which keeps me still
Connected
Tuned into something higher

Realization dawns now
Of
Always being clocked into a
Higher self mortal flesh always
Leaving
Sidetracked by dysfunctions
Stress and self-absorption

Missed signals always given---
Sent
Never being received
Compounded distractions made it
 hard to hear

Never did you leave
Really?
It was me---I left
Danced
Off to my own reckless tune
Completely clueless

Illusions and disillusions
Thwarted
By a higher source
Blinding
Deafening me to a
Higher truth a higher reality

But you never
Never left me you
Were
Always there yet I could not
Feel
Could not see

Approaching the half-century
Mark
Brings wisdom, openness, honest
Reflection
Allowing me to reconnect

Now I know
I understand
It Is never too late to begin
Anew




Taken from unpublished work titled "Muse Melodies"

No comments:

Post a Comment